Tripadisor reviews of natural attractions.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's hilarious when people complain about natural attractions on TA. There is one regular contributor who complains about Snowdon and Ben Nevis being too high and the weather too cloudy and so on.

While searching for that contributor I came across this gem:

"Too big for a big man. But cool to look at.
x.gif
Reviewed 21 June 2015
The views of Mount Nevis are stunning, really cool. It is a typical Scotch Mountain made of rock, scree, grass and some heather . There is a primitive track from the bottom, but not what you would call a real road. If you want to go right on up you would have to walk. I have metabolic issues and an XXL build (BMI = 44) so I made about half a mile or so then had to stop. There don't appear to be guides or Sherpas on the Mountain. You Scotch are a tough bunch!!
There are also no toilets. This is not helpful if you have Intestinal Diverticulosis like me. A very pretty mountain but it would be helpful if a smaller one were signposted for the less able."

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Mountain made of rock

WTF else do you make mountains out of?!

Recently climbed The Ben at the same time as a guy with one leg. He was about 1/3 of the way up when we went past him on the way up and about 2/3 of the way up as we came back down. Super effort. I reckon he stayed at the shelter at the top as he was due to summit at about 10pm.

User269

x.gif
Reviewed 21 June 2015
The views of Mount Nevis are stunning, really cool. It is a typical Scotch Mountain made of rock, scree, grass and some heather . There is a primitive track from the bottom, but not what you would call a real road. If you want to go right on up you would have to walk. I have metabolic issues and an XXL build (BMI = 44) so I made about half a mile or so then had to stop. There don't appear to be guides or Sherpas on the Mountain. You Scotch are a tough bunch!!
There are also no toilets. This is not helpful if you have Intestinal Diverticulosis like me. A very pretty mountain but it would be helpful if a smaller one were signposted for the less able."

This is the sort of post modern irony, the hilarious and devastatingly witty slopes of which, I can only dream of scaling. The big man's a comic genius.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
years ago I got talking to a bloke whilst waiting a for bus and for some reason, Stonehenge was mentioned. I'd never been and he told me how crap it was, saying something like "The stones only go up to about where those windows are!" whilst pointing to a two story building, and added "and half of 'em have fallen down!"

...this was long before the fence and visitor centre. :wacko:

I don't know. The quoted review seems to have value. There are lots of less able tourists who need to know if they can access a site, and the availability of toilets.

If we are lucky to live long enough, we will all get there.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It's hilarious when people complain about natural attractions on TA. There is one regular contributor who complains about Snowdon and Ben Nevis being too high and the weather too cloudy and so on.

While searching for that contributor I came across this gem:

x.gif
Reviewed 21 June 2015
:rofl: tosser :banghead:

Top Bottom