Triple chain ring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

complete bikes coming with a tripple chainset seem to be more difficult to get these days - the current fashion is for a compact double. I much prefer a triple. All I can suggest is to have a thorough online search to see what you come up with. being prepared - if you come across that 'must have' bike, to change the double to a triple.

jay clock

Massive member
Agreed, Trek 1.2. I got a 2008 model in Oct 08 for £400. Perfect all-round "cheap" road bike with room and fittings for mudguards and a rack. I have done 1300km on it. The BB was very creaky, and after a couple of attempts to sort it the LBS put a new one on.

It is excellent

Radius

SHREDDER
BeOne Storm, Tiagra, £400, on Chainreaction; if they've got any left.

Ravenz

Radius said:
If you need to use the third ring on the flat then I'd be slightly worried though...

indeedydoody
having the Tricross sport wiv triple .. no way will you need it for flat road riding.. actually engaging it now I have to fill in 3 forms and pass the resolution forward to the committee giving 14 days notice...

it does come in useful tho at times such as getting out of a Delamere Forest carpark straight up a seemingly innocuous bank that went whoa after 1 metre of its 3 metre high ascent.. [I fell off 'cos I didnt have those forms filled out] ...;)

Top Bottom