Tripods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pauluk

Mine's in a bag, so on my back or attach to rucksack and on my back.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
You can get strap thingies that attach shoulder straps to the tripod so you carry it like a rucksack (google Scopac or Mulepack).

If you want to carry it on the bike, what I suggested last time this came up was to take a bit of plastic drainpipe,close off the bottom end, bolt it onto one side of a reasonably robust bit of plywood, and mount pannier hooks on the other side of the plywood. All arranged to carry the tripod in an upright position in place of a pannier.

Globalti

Legendary Member
An Irish pal of mine used to ride his MZ motorbike up to Aviemore in winter to ski with a pair of skis shoved into the panniers and joined behind the numberplate. The tails of the skis must have stuck out outside his legs. He got a few funny looks from coppers but was never stopped.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I sam somebody at the weekend who had a fishing-rod tied along his cross-bar. Perhaps you could try something similar?

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
You can get strap thingies that attach shoulder straps to the tripod so you carry it like a rucksack (google Scopac or Mulepack).

If you want to carry it on the bike, what I suggested last time this came up was to take a bit of plastic drainpipe,close off the bottom end, bolt it onto one side of a reasonably robust bit of plywood, and mount pannier hooks on the other side of the plywood. All arranged to carry the tripod in an upright position in place of a pannier.
It has its own carry case.
Thanks for all the suggestions I will sort something from what has been said.

Top Bottom