Trivia Quiz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
20th century Brit composer.........that's usually Ralph Vaughan Williams. Neither Ralph nor Williams as names are unusual in any way, so I'll take a stab that the basketball player in question is called Vaughan somebody, or somebody Vaughan. I don't follow basketball, so I have no idea whether this is anyone I should have heard of.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
No sir, think Spitfire Prelude and Fugue,British,
or Portland Trail Blazers.American.

MikeG

Guru
OK, I'm rather better at composers than I am at basketball players, so I am pretty sure this is William Walton. There are presumably lots of Williams, even in Portland, USA, so I guess there was a basketball player called Walton somebody-or-other, or somebody-Walton.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
OK, I'm rather better at composers than I am at basketball players, so I am pretty sure this is William Walton. There are presumably lots of Williams, even in Portland, USA, so I guess there was a basketball player called Walton somebody-or-other, or somebody-Walton.
Mike G has the next question, William Walton. or Bill Walton was an American Basketballer and sports commentator, also an avid cyclist to this day.

MikeG

Guru
Righto, a little botany/horticulture ...

Sometimes seeds go through the process of "stratification". What's the distinctive step that earns the description?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Stratification is when a seed has to pass through winter conditions in order to sprout.
I seem to recall years ago my dad having loads of little plastic bags of seed and damp muck in the fridge.....

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
This British Lord was the first child of an astronaut to go into space. He was a corner man for the boxer known as El Matador, and conducted the first zero gravity wedding.

Who is he?

Top Bottom