Tro Bro Is On!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Easter weekend accommodation booked at the "end of the world":okay:

Strange outward journey planned including "changing trains at EuroDisney":okay:

Sourced some "Local Tubs":okay:

Sightings of piglets expected:mrpig:

Yes its the "local race for local people", the hipsters delight...Tro Bro Leon.

https://www.trobroleon.com/

Easter Monday 2019 with the Cyclosportif (with a retro feel) on the Sunday afternoon.

Weather likely to be :sun: or :rain: or :cold: or any combination of the three.

Can you guess I am already a little over excited! Report and photos to follow in +/- 180 days^_^

CALM DOWN!!!

Do you get this excited on the bike, too?

(Actually, only marginally envious!)

OP
OP
BalkanExpress
Right, the sportive was today, (see sportives for the write up) and tomorrow is the main event.

The weather will be perfect and so they will have to ride like mad to split the field up: should be fun. I hope to be on section 18/24, but as the family came along as well it may not be that simple.

OP
OP
BalkanExpress
IMG_20190422_151850.jpg Sat at ribin 18. 10 minutes to go

OP
OP
BalkanExpress
Err...sorry about that, my phone went on the blink. So photos will be a while coming, but, they are rubbish anyway,so no big loss.

Andrea Vendrame of Androni nicked it on the line from Baptiste Planckaert of Wallonie- Bruxelles with Emil Vinjebo of Riwal Readynez third. Planckaert was going like a train with 100m to go but ran out of steam. Not a good day for the French teams who had made a big effort to close down the breaks.

Well ridden Conor Swift who was in a strong break with 35 to go and led the race round the turn I was at in section 18, he was still hanging in there’s when they came round again as the FDJ and AG2R were putting the pressure on.

Top Bottom