Trossachs Ton 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scook94

Veteran
I signed up for the 100 mile last night. Any one else going for it?
smile.gif

This will be my longest ride ever. I'm hoping that Kinross Red (79M), Etape (81M), and the few 40-50-60 milers I've done since will be enough prep.
unsure.gif

I don't think it's too tough a sportive, both of the climbs aren't severe, just long drags. It's the condition of the roads and the fact that I can (and do) ride them any time that has put me off entering it again, even though I did thoroughly enjoy the suffering event last year!

edindave

Über Member
I won't be able to make it after all....other plans prevail.

Hope to make it next year.

:smile:

Never mind!
Hope any other CC'ers see me and say hello (as they zoom past
wink.gif
) - Scott CR1 probs wearing ERC club kit.

I don't think it's too tough a sportive, both of the climbs aren't severe, just long drags. It's the condition of the roads and the fact that I can (and do) ride them any time that has put me off entering it again, even though I did thoroughly enjoy the suffering event last year!

Cheers matey... my aim is to pace it steady for a ~6hr finish - no heroics! And will be concentrating on the fuelling throughout.
thumbsup.png

Raymondo

Hi,

I completed the TT last year and what a day it was. Up until that point, the most i had cycled in one go was 50 miles so a big test for me.

The route as you will be aware has been changed this year with the adddition of a third climb from Kippen roundabout up through kippen to the top of the hills.

Unfortunately the road down the other side is a disgrace and defo one to watch out on..

I was up the crow road several days ago and there are signs up info that the road is to be closed for re-surfacing from 13th June until 18th June so that road should be fine.

Weather looks to be pouring with rain so a stark contrast to last years scortcher..

Im looking to start at 0715 so have a good event..

edindave

Über Member
Weather looks to be pouring with rain so a stark contrast to last years scortcher..

Im looking to start at 0715 so have a good event..

Forecasts for Stirling seem to be mixed.
Might as well expect a typical Scottish summer's day i.e.
rain.gif
and anything better will be a bonus!

I've signed up for the long route. New roads for me, looking forward to it.

Same here. I like the 'going in blind' aspect of these events, especially having heard the Crow Road being mentioned quite often. Can't wait! :biggrin:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
The route as you will be aware has been changed this year with the adddition of a third climb from Kippen roundabout up through kippen to the top of the hills.

Unfortunately the road down the other side is a disgrace and defo one to watch out on..

That bit of road has been re-surfaced recently. I rode down it the other day and it was cracking!

Waspie

Über Member
How did everyone get on?

Enjoyed my ride but not sure I would enter again, the road surfaces were shocking in parts and the route was a bit too 'a-roady' for my tastes. Seemed a very well organised event though, I thought we were well provided for at the feedstations.

Liked the Crow Road climb, first time I've done that.

edindave

Über Member
I had a good day.
P******e at 30M and was descended on by midges while changing tubes but apart from that it was good.
Same comments regarding the roads at 90 miles they were really bad for a while - treacherous for groups I imagine.

Waspie

Über Member
P******e at 30M and was descended on by midges

I can imagine. I only stopped briefly at the first and last feed stations, still got quite a lot of bites on my legs. :angry:

JimtheScot

did the 100 miles yesterday and apart from the rain, thoroughly enjoyed it. Thought the road surface for the majority of the run was great, a bit rough in places, but over 100 miles that’s always gonna be the case. I didn't see many potholes at all! The wind was mainly at my back, so that helped. The road crew were awesome, most times i stopped, to put jacket on or off or for a rest at top of a hill, one of them would slow down and check i was ok. It was a well organised event with not too much traffic on the run. In fact it’s the first ‘cycle challenge’ I’ve done (and I’ve done a few now) that no motorist has pumped his horn or hurled abuse at me. Yup I’ll be back next year.

Top Bottom