Trousers needed for casual cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

^^ ninja :biggrin:

Umm! chainguard? cycle clips?

I am

1) under 75 y.o, and

2) not female.

:whistle:
Me too, but I use an elasticated reflective around my trousers. It keeps the crud from the hems and the foot movement clearly identifies me as a cyclist.

If you get to TK Maxx, check the length when you buy. There's 3 lengths, I take a 42x29 from other shops and the 42" 'short' trousers fits me fine, the regular length is just a tad long for me. Twin belt loops and 4 zipped pockets, they're good for cycling as well as walking and I haven't needed anything under them in temperatures around freezing.

subaqua

What’s the point
another vote for the craghoppers.

i have a lined pair which i wore when it was -10 in the mornings and a non lined pair which are just soooo comfy.

I sue geonaut springy reflectors from decathlon to stop em flapping in the wind on the bike.

OP
OP
400bhp

400bhp

Guru
Update:

Went to Decathlon tonight (see other thread).

Managed to buy these for £9 IIRC trousers

Got a pair of casual cycling long shorts too with padded inserts. Reduced to £11 from £44. Think they are these (some issues with the Decachlon website at the mo) shorts

I didn't have time to get to TK Maxx. I'll see how I get on for a couple of weeks with these.

Great shop Decathlon.

flying start

Veteran
craghoppers all the way mate i use them for work (dark blue)
fell jogging (black) also have the ones with the thermo lining for cold winters

if you spend just a little over £20 you can get the ones with 3/4 zips so good for summer!!! :thumbsup:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I picked up some Craghopper Kiwi's about a month ago, and I've used them for every ride since. They are great soft material, most water beads up and runs off and they dry quickly if they do get wet, very comfortable with some stretch in the material but they are just about smart enough to wear all day at work. They cost me £14 from TK Maxx.

Tried them this morning, very comfy for the 14 mile ride in. I'm not going to wear 3/4 length in the office though! :smile:

Top Bottom