1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trousers

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Mister Paul, 28 Sep 2007.

1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I've got £60 burning a hole in my pocket and, what with a longer commute starting on Monday, am thinking about getting some trousers for the winter commute.

I've got winter longs, but was looking at something more like Humvees. They're only £35.

Does anyone have any recommendations for something better at my price?

Thanks

2. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

I think you'd look great in these, a snip at only £15:
    31iKrmZyfOL._SX280_SH35_.jpg

3. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I've already got those. But in cerise.

I'm flattered at the effort you've gone to to find a suitable pic off t'internet.

Unless it was already in your album. In which case I'm more worried about you than I was anyway.

4. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

Nah, I looked them up on the internet and they don't do them in cerise so you obviously haven't got those ones.

5. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

6. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Oh no, not another Mister Paul and bonj shagfest!!

7. GrahamG

GrahamG Über Member

I seriously don't think it's worth getting proper cycling trousers - just a pair of tracksuit bottoms with shorts underneath see me just fine. That might just be me as I don't really wear trousers for that long during winter as I get hot very easily.

8. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

I think someone else said something similar, along the lines of wearing "technical" trousers with shorts underneath.

My experience (such as it is) suggests that the cycling specific stuff can be better if you need to to use the pockets to carry stuff. Certainly my Altura shorts hold stuff in the pockets in near perfect comfortable position while riding, and are far better than the non specific baggy shorts I was wearing. If the Altura trousers are as good as the shorts, they'd be worth considering (although the sizes are on the large side, imo).

9. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

In York there are now a lot of police on bikes and they all wear Altura trousers, and I have to say the trousers look like they were designed with the police in mind. While I am sure they are just the thing for chasing yobbos and robbers, they are pretty industrial looking compared to their Gore or Endura counterparts.

10. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

There aren't any Community police on bikes in Manchester now - saw two on foot yesterday...no more bikes after one chap was killed on the left of a HGV...