Trucker no more!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
No more truckin'! *

Just heard that I have got a new job. Can't go into too much detail until it's all finalised with referees, background checks (!!) etc., but it's something which I think will suit me better than stupidly early starts miles from home, endless traffic problems, idle lazy forklift drivers, shifts of indeterminate length, paying out good money for compulsory training, dealing with the over regulated BS., etc. etc.. Goodbye to all that! It's only 16 hours per week (but that's good enough to top up my pension income), and 2 months off in the summer :smile:.

* Actually I might still do the odd shift with the driving agency just to keep my hand in - but it will be even more on my terms than it already is. They might not like that though :laugh:.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Congratulations, nice to hear some good news.

Hope it works out well for you and of course provides extra cash for cycling.:smile:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Lots of time for you to organise bike rides around central Scotland

.more time for the vfr.

Hopefully both!

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Well done and farewell to a fellow knight of the road :okay: best of luck with your new venture lucky bustard for getting off the mean streets I may hav to take the plunge one day as the whole thing is just becoming :banghead:!
'Tis indeed a thankless task. I'm not sure what has happened in recent years, but it has become stressful and frustrating and not worth the crap money on offer. It just seems like every day is about overcoming delays, whether it be traffic, freight not ready, weather related stuff, or just desk jockeys being obstructive self important nobbers. Well there is a limit as to how much crap drivers will take, and I have reached it; time to get out :okay:.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Virtual Flight Recorder?
Honda VFR (Vee Four Racing) ........:okay:

IMG_2025_zpswb7cvb98.jpg

Top Bottom