True story.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I promise I have neither embellished nor exagerated this...its exactly as desceribed.

Riding along the A21 into London today with a pal who is relativley new to commuting.Taking it easy riding two abreast in the big wide and empty bus lane.

Pal starts talking about a visit that he had from the fairy whilst dropping a big hill in the Alps. I asked how it felt, was it a sudden blow out or a slow release.

He starts to describe it, along the lines of.."it was kind of soggy and vague, a bit...er hang on..." he stops mid sentence and looks down and his rear has gone flat.

Now I don't know about you but that is a pretty impressive turn of speed for the fairy.
we followed this up with the inevitable second visit 20 minutes later and then got soaked in hyde park. Still a good ride though, the rain was kind of refreshing.

Thanks to the very kind and equally beautiful rider who stopped to offer us her CO2 cartridge. I am amazed at the generosity of riders who are happy to give away valuable bits of kit to help stranded comrades.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
I promise I have neither embellished nor exagerated this...its exactly as desceribed.

Riding along the A21 into London today with a pal who is relativley new to commuting.Taking it easy riding two abreast in the big wide and empty bus lane.

Pal starts talking about a visit that he had from the fairy whilst dropping a big hill in the Alps. I asked how it felt, was it a sudden blow out or a slow release.

He starts to describe it, along the lines of.."it was kind of soggy and vague, a bit...er hang on..." he stops mid sentence and looks down and his rear has gone flat.

Now I don't know about you but that is a pretty impressive turn of speed for the fairy.
we followed this up with the inevitable second visit 20 minutes later and then got soaked in hyde park. Still a good ride though, the rain was kind of refreshing.

Thanks to the very kind and equally beautiful rider who stopped to offer us her CO2 cartridge. I am amazed at the generosity of riders who are happy to give away valuable bits of kit to help stranded comrades.

I always ask if everything is ok if I see a cyclist stopped at the side of the road, I would happly give away my puncher repair kit, spare inner tube I deffantly keep tho!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
1291180357150.gif

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I helped a guy with his bike yesterday.

When I asked if he needed any help, the first thing he said was "Well Halfords have unfortunately lived up to their expectations".The front disc brake wasnt working.

After about 10 mins of fettling with the brake, getting the wheel off, trying to get the wheel back on (the forks seemed to be too small for the wheel), and finally adjusting the position of the pads, we just gave the cable a good yank and it seemed to solve the problem.

He said that he hadnt even riden it yet and Halfords were to have supposedly put the bike together and delivered it in working order.

Another mark down for Halfords.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
pothole-picture.jpg

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Common_Nail.jpg

This happened to me around the Olympic stadium about six years ago (on a commute to work) when I had fitted the Armadillos and thorn resistant inner tube,thinking it would be about three years till I got another p*nct*re.I had one next day.I had to pull the nail out with my teeth.

subaqua

What’s the point
I stopped to ask a guy on London bridge if he was OK today. then realised i wasn't on my bike, hence the funny look he gave me.always stop and ask as you never know when you might be grateful if some help.

Top Bottom