True....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
get it trued and tensioned and then before you use it put some loctite on the spoke nipple inside the rim.
i had a a similar problem but the loctite seemed to cure it.
some people say it shouldn't be necessary,but simply saying that doesn't solve a very annoying problem
i eventually changed all the nipples on another wheel for sapim ones which have an insert to prevent them slackening

It was Alexrims.

Back down LBS this week - 3 more spokes gone. Now I've got a new wheel. For full story, see below (and I think I might use a different LBS from now on).

Put the bike in for a service (& left it with them for a full week) 2 weeks ago - billed £40.

After I got the bike back the derailleur didn't work, nearly came off several times due to erratic & sudden shifting.
Rear wheel hadn't been trued.
Rear brakes sticking, largely due to stiff calliper.

Phoned up and said I wasn't happy and that I'd be back this weekend, checking they'd have mech. staff in. Dropped it off, later they called me - new wheel required, cables need changed due to seizing, callipers need changed. Fair dos, they're not lying - but WTF couldn't they have sussed it 2 weeks ago!!!!

£70 down this evening. I don't mind replacing stuff but it would have been cheaper and easier doing it all the first time.

Time to take custom elsewhere I think.

Stig-OT-Dump said:
It was Alexrims.

Back down LBS this week - 3 more spokes gone. Now I've got a new wheel. For full story, see below (and I think I might use a different LBS from now on).

Put the bike in for a service (& left it with them for a full week) 2 weeks ago - billed £40.

After I got the bike back the derailleur didn't work, nearly came off several times due to erratic & sudden shifting.
Rear wheel hadn't been trued.
Rear brakes sticking, largely due to stiff calliper.

Phoned up and said I wasn't happy and that I'd be back this weekend, checking they'd have mech. staff in. Dropped it off, later they called me - new wheel required, cables need changed due to seizing, callipers need changed. Fair dos, they're not lying - but WTF couldn't they have sussed it 2 weeks ago!!!!

£70 down this evening. I don't mind replacing stuff but it would have been cheaper and easier doing it all the first time.

Time to take custom elsewhere I think.

Does the name of this LBS start with the letter "E" by any chance?

Though it sounds cheap for their bills though.

Tynan

Veteran
E ain't an LBS surely? Just a better sort of H

LBS has to be an independent small place for me barring a few of the smaller decent chains

Top Bottom