trust your base training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
It would appear I've done 6787 junk miles in 2014. :cry:
:becool:
I just cant understand it lol

brand

It would appear I've done 6787 junk miles in 2014. :cry:
:becool:
So you cycle to the pub a lot!! Respect.
I used to regularly do ride on a relatively flat road with minimal traffic (at least after the 9.30am school run) where I simply looked at my heart rate monitor and worked at 90 % maximum heart rate up to or greater than 100% for 10 minutes followed by minimal effort until it came down to 60% (I think that is right) and then back up again. I doubt that was very healthy (there is difference between health and fitness) and when I get back into it (if my knee is capable) I will do it again although I think I will probably try to keep it below 80%. Now does that count as quality miles? Note I did it for no more than 20 miles so as to cool down for the next 5 miles before getting to the pub. I am sure you can guess that the return would not count as quality miles?

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Can I hear a hallelujah!

...careful where you preach from!

What is base? If you're a racing base is probably hard tempo and lower threshold work. If you aren't racing, then fitness is fitness and the concept of periodisation goes out the window. If you're a TTer base is probably what you listen to in your oversized headphone trying to look swag on your turbo whilst warming up!!
@50000tears
Read this thread thread again. This post in particular for pacing and intensity for base. You can go too easy in base. Just keep it comfortable. I would get a HRM if you're struggling with intensity. Pretty please get an HRm.

Top Bottom