Trying to find a 1" Tandem fork...

Discussion in 'Tandem and Other Bikes' started by maxants, 13 Sep 2016.

1. maxants

maxants Member

Hello,
    I'm trying to get a hold of a tandem fork for my cargo bike - I bent the last fork with my 90mm drum brake carrying 80kgs. I'm trying to get a tandem fork as I'm hoping it will survive the frequent heavy stops.

The thing is, the steering tube on my current fork is 1", and I have 700c wheels.Finding a tandem fork that will fit my bike is proving to be pretty tough....

Does anyone know of any forks I might be able to look for that could be used for my bike?
    Many thanks,
    Max

2. steve50

steve50 Disenchanted Member

There's a few for sale on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...S0&_nkw=1"+threaded+road+Tandem+fork&_sacat=0

3. OP
    OP
    maxants

maxants Member

Thanks, but none of those seem to be tandem forks. Only forks I have managed to on ebay find are the Schwinn tandem blade forks from the US ebay, but these are supposedly very week if they are twisted or hit side on. I suppose may have to settle for one.

steve50 likes this.
  4. the snail

the snail Über Member

Have you tried SJS?

5. OP
    OP
    maxants

maxants Member

Thanks, but yea. SJS have some lovely Thorn forks - but all in 1 1/8.

6. 4cranks

4cranks Member

You could try any traditional frame builder who has a track record for building tandems. They should be able to make anything.

Try Vernon Barker Cycles (probably cheapest and most obliging), Mercian or Bob Jackson.

7. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

@maxants give Lee Cooper a shout or e mail i am sure he could make some for you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice