Tt bike/ frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
As above im 5.11 as cheap as possible please this will be bought by a family member for me to ride in a uci time trial nextyear just a frame would do and i can swap parts over from the roadbike it dosent need to be fancy at all!

Shanks

Hi I've got this available if you like.

http://www.zen84096.zen.co.uk/

Bars and forks have been sold already but the frame is there along with the gear set. It's not new, but is in very good condition. I'm 6ft so the fit should be OK for you. Postage is going to be a bit of a pain I guess, depending on where you are. But how about £130 including pnp.

screenman

Legendary Member
Hi I've got this available if you like.

http://www.zen84096.zen.co.uk/

Bars and forks have been sold already but the frame is there along with the gear set. It's not new, but is in very good condition. I'm 6ft so the fit should be OK for you. Postage is going to be a bit of a pain I guess, depending on where you are. But how about £130 including pnp.

If that fitted me I would have had that, even though I never intend to tt again, I think.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Looks decent depending on what it goes for cuchilo thankyou ill keep an eye on it and im always open to advice robert :smile:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
My advice is if your money is limited and speed is your primary concern, spend the money on a pointy hat, a decent skinsuit and some clip on tri bars. For the same money as a cheapo, slow TT bike, you will get a very good helmet and skinsuit, which will provide a far greater time saving. You can bodge your road bike into a decent position most likely and given you have two consecutive days of event you don't want to be swapping much componentry between bikes.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Pretty sure that is not against the regs given you see clip on bars in UCI sanctioned events often. Poor pro teams do it all the time because they can't afford a fleet of TT bikes and other teams do it for smaller races so they don't have to transport as many bikes. At amateur level it is common.

Also, the event while being under UCI regs won't have bike checks, which is a farking joke IMO.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
The bloke said they get the usual checks before going on the starting ramp? I've no idea I'll email again I might get a different response, I used to be able to get a great tt position on the venge I had, but I know already the frame makes hardly any difference compared to clothing and position

Top Bottom