TT Participation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattbiker

Regular
Hi, I am a Sports Management student who is developing a project around time trial cycling. I quite new to cycling so have a limited knowledge. Would anyone be able to help me with links to participation statistics of time trial, I am unable to find any specific records or even just from your person experience at events. If a time trial relay style event was developed how would you recommend the handover be done e.g. cross line?
Thank you for your help

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I think most cycling clubs have their results displayed on their website.

bianchi1

Guru
Hi, I am a Sports Management student who is developing a project around time trial cycling. I quite new to cycling so have a limited knowledge. Would anyone be able to help me with links to participation statistics of time trial, I am unable to find any specific records or even just from your person experience at events. If a time trial relay style event was developed how would you recommend the handover be done e.g. cross line?
Thank you for your help

A relay system would end up a bit complex if you were trying to organise held starts for multiple riders as their partners are crossing a line, plus I would imagine there would be safety considerations?

What is already done is you just add the times of 2 or more riders to get a 'team' time. So for example 3 riders all compete in an open 10.

Rider 1 = 21:30
Rider 2 = 25:15
Rider 3 = 25:30

Total time = 1 hour 12 min 15 seconds

screenman

Legendary Member
I though the OP was a wind up, seems not. The web is full of TT records and information and the best the student can do is ask here on a very general cycling forum.

oldroadman

Veteran
TT Relay? Disaster waiting to happen - which is why no-one does it. Possibly because insurers wold be very wary of covering it! I did see a "corporate" relay at Canary Wharf a couple of years ago, a bit messy to say the least, and that was a straight race which split from the off, just a bit of fun. I can't imagine what a shambles a "serious" race would be.

frank9755

Cyclist
2-up, or team time trials, are also common.
But the idea of using a relay baton with handover for time trial bikes on the road is not going to catch on!

Top Bottom