TT pic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Good effort. I did my 1st TT last weekend, a 10 in 23:24, aiming for a 22min time within the next few weeks. I've got another 2 booked already. Kinda addictive isn't it?
i'm doing an 8 race series called the celtic series - TT number 5, 6 and 7 are within an 8 day spread in june - so training for them now

then i go away for nearly all of august an then come back for a 25mile TT in early september - gulp

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just jump into doing the 25's. Not much in it, I was actually quicker at 25's than 10's. Now 50's were a lesson in pain !

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Personally, I get less nervous for a 25 than a 10. More chance to ease into the effort and a lot more scope to correct yourself and pull it back if you do something wrong.

I have to agree, I really enjoyed the 25s more so than the 10s but for me I think its because I could never seem to warm up properly for an all out 10, in the 25 I had a bit more time (at least I thought I did) to start cranking it up if you know what I mean, not saying I took it easy but I felt better overall in the 25.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

In the past few days ive done two more TTs

Thursday was a club TT on r10/17 were i set a course pb and an overall pb of 27:37

Then yesterday afternoon i did the 5th round of the celtic series TT's on resolven r10/22 and set a course pb and a new overall pb of 26:09.

Im getting close to my magic number of within the 25's for this season. Got about 6 more 10m TTs left and then a 25m in september.

Not bad for a fat oaf that drinks milk as a recovery fluid hey lol

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Milk's pretty good. I used to drink chocolate milk after TTs when I was taking it a bit seriously.

Otherwise beer.
It was more of a tongue in cheek comment to a well know poster who commented that only fat sloths drank milk for recovery.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It was more of a tongue in cheek comment to a well know poster who commented that only fat sloths drank milk for recovery.

Well it's much better then hot air :thumbsup:

Nice one on your times Jowwy, enjoying reading about your progress.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Well it's much better then hot air :thumbsup:

Nice one on your times Jowwy, enjoying reading about your progress.
Fitness needs to improve tenfold to be honest ian. If i can drop more weight and keep my current power levels i will be happy bunny.

I was very close to hitting in the 25s saturday afternoon that i was annoyed, even though i took 1min 28secs off my previous best.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Tonight was my third TT in six days, no overall pb, but a course PB by a min and 16secs.

J10/22 is a tough track and my best on that course is now 27:53 and i was sick at the end too, so i officially fully emptied the tank. Got another one thursday and then a break from TTs for 3 weeks

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Tonight was my 4th TT of an eight day spread and a large piece of me died on j10/17 tonight as i set yet another course PB of 26:50

Over the last 4 TTs ive ridden all 3 courses and set course PBs on all 4 and an overall PB on saturdays TT of 26:09

Course old time new time

Abergavenny 27:37 26:50
Resolven 28:30 26:09
Cwmcarn 29:09 27:53

Overall PB 26:09 and i now feel that over the next 4 TTs i have a good chance of getting in my target of a mid/long 25...........

This milk drinking 16st 12lb 38yr old aint doing bad for his first season at TTs

Last 4 TTs

27:37
26:09
27:53
26:50

Last edited:
Top Bottom