Tubeless puncture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fraz101

I have a 3mm cut in my tyre.
My tubeless sealant hasn’t fully sealed it.
What is the best method of repair? Patch on inside? Worm? Flexible superglue?

geocycle

Legendary Member
My experience with worms has not been good in road tyres. At higher pressures the worm makes a bid for freedom. I’ve now got some Stans darts to see if they are more use. I’d try whatever plug you have first, then if that fails and you have to remove the tyre, patch from the inside.

presta

Guru
My experience of tubed tyres is that a 3mm cut can be enough to cause the bracing to rupture within a few hundred miles, is the bracing on tubeless tyres any more resistant?

YellowV2

Veteran
Tyre worms should seal, you can use more than one if needed, You can also try flexible super glue.
I’ve used both methods successfully and not had a problem with worms coming out and I leave them in until the tyre needs replacement.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Is this a MTB or road tyre? A road tyre may need a proper patch to withstand the pressure. For me a worm will get you home and seal a simple hole, but for a tear I'd want to then make a more permanent repair. Either an internal patch or something like Shoe Goo. I have found that any adhesive will fail unless all traces of sealant are remove from the area in question.

I've seen online tutorials that talk about sewing up a tear and then patching.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tubes ! :tongue: :rofl:

Another :thumbsup: for Dynaplugs ; had a big puncture couple of weeks ago, a couple of plugs and a sealant top up and it's still holding.

Top Bottom