Tubeless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glasgow44

Veteran
Hi there

Do I have to get my tubeless fluid stuff inside the tyre replaced and replenished every so often or is this only done when I've had a puncture(s). On one bike, I have tubeless which has sealed with a number of punctures so I know to get that replenished but I have another bike that has been lying for a few months (since the summer) and has never had any punctures; I blew the tyres up and they have held pressure - should I still get the tubeless fluid replaced and replenished?

Thanks in advance

J

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The goo does go 'off' after a while (over a year or two). You could always check

In short: yes.

Depending on which sealant you have in the tyre, it will very probably need topping up if it's not been done since last summer. The longevity of sealants varies considerably, both between brands and based on temperature and usage. Three to six months is typical longevity. Some claim longer, but it's at the very least worth checking after that long.

YellowV2

Veteran
Yes, It is often necessary to top up sealant but not replace (don't try removing the tyre to clean the old stuff out!) more so in the warmer months it tends to dry out more quickly. I check mine as above by a small tube down the valve after removing the core, (I use a WD 40 spray can tube or similar). It may depend on the sealant used as well, I only use Caffelatex and find twice a year to be the norm.

Top Bottom