Tubus Duo Lowrider front rack GONE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Carradice carradry rear panniers. Used once. No pics but good as new.
£35.
I've got a conventional rack on my CAADX so they would work fine with that. I'd be interested in using them on my singlespeed bike as well though and that has an unusual skinny rack as shown in the 2 photos below...

New rack - side view.jpg

New rack - top view.jpg

Do you see any problem using the panniers with that rack?

OP
OP
Vantage

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Erm.....not sure tbh @ColinJ
See photo with measurements and check yer rack. The tops of the bags might clang together. Possibly. Bear in mind, these things are forking huuuuge and as such can carry a **** ton of weight. They alone weigh a bit.
I do funnily enough also have a set of the carradice carradry front panniers which are significantly smaller if they might work better if you're interested?

PXL_20230413_175112165.jpg

ColinJ

I use a 25L rucksack when doing my shopping so I was thinking that one of the rear panniers would roughly be equivalent to that. (I was assuming that they can be separated and used individually?) If I needed more capacity, then I could use both. BUT... the rear panniers would be a lot of extra weight to carry around!

I was also thinking of using a single pannier to replace the backpack that I normally wear, and a huge rear pannier would be overkill for that. Maybe the front panniers would be more suitable for what I generally want to use them for. I could always buy bigger panniers in the future if I needed them...

How much would you want for the front panniers? :whistle:

OP
OP
Vantage

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Hmm....shopping you say? So waterproofness not all that important maybe? I do also have some altura Arran 36litre panniers I bought in 2012.....
Structurally sound and will hold off rain for a short period...maybe...
Tenner for those if you wanted them.
I was thinking 20 quid for the smaller carradrys?

If @ColinJ doesn't buy them can I go first reserve on the Carradice carradry rear panniers please?

I have a set of Caradice Kendals, but would like something larger.

ColinJ

I was thinking 20 quid for the smaller carradrys?
Is that for a pair, or each? :whistle:

If the pair, then I will have them. I could either transfer the money to your bank, PayPal it to you, or hand it over in cash. I am a bit the worse for wear at the moment but when I am feeling better I could cycle over and pick them up from you at a half-way point, say near Castleton station? If you need the money in a hurry I would be happy to send it in advance and collect the panniers when I am up to the ride and you were free to meet me?

All yours. I don't think Colin wants them.

Cheers. Stock photo but is this them? £35?

carradice-carradry-rear-panniers.jpg

OP
OP
Vantage

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Is that for a pair, or each? :whistle:

If the pair, then I will have them. I could either transfer the money to your bank, PayPal it to you, or hand it over in cash. I am a bit the worse for wear at the moment but when I am feeling better I could cycle over and pick them up from you at a half-way point, say near Castleton station? If you need the money in a hurry I would be happy to send it in advance and collect the panniers when I am up to the ride and you were free to meet me?

For the pair Colin. I'm no banker :smile:
Gimmie yer address and I'll send them over. PayPal works best for me. Fiver postage ok with you?

Either is fine. You're ok with PayPal though yes? Not a big fan of cash.

I'll send you a PM then PayPal payment on the 19th, I'll know what time better next week I'll collect on the 20th but I'm guessing around 1100. Got a week to sort the exact time though if that doesn't suit👍

Top Bottom