Turbo Trainer Advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Looking at doing what I said I wouldn't and buying a Turbo Trainer. Having got into it more this Summer, I dont want to miss out by the dark evenings when work gets in the way.

Not got a clue what to go for though. I love gadgets and always make sure I use everything I buy, but don't want to get carried away if it's a waste of cash either.

Any suggestions/great deals guys? Would rather buy once, than cheap and twice!

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Quite intrigued by the Tacx Interactive models at first glance. I like the idea of being able to link to an App, etc.

nethfel

Regular
I'll be honest I really like my KICKR. I've not owned it long, but I've found it easy to use and a lot of different software out there for it, both mobile device as well as desktop/laptop software. It's not cheap, but also you remove your rear wheel and it connects to your drive chain (may need to replace the cassette on the device if your gearing is different, my bike has a 7 speed cassette so I had to change the 10 speed it came with) - nice benefit of not chewing up tires if you do train a lot indoors :smile:

midlife

Guru
See if you can borrow one from a mate and try it out. BITD we used rollers and god they were boring so would rather get out even in grotty weather......

Shaun

Top Bottom