Turbo Trainer DVD's : How do they work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSV_Ecosse

Hi,

I've taken delivery this week of my Tacx Flow trainer. Spent an hour of head scratching building the thing up on Sunday afternoon but didn't get a chance to test it out as I had a pile of work to get through.

Anyhow, it's ready to go now and I intend to give it a whirl this afternoon. Never used a trainer before apart from your bog standard stationary bikes in the gym.

Been looking online and my LBS has a fair few "Trainer DVD's" in stock at some reduced prices so I was thinking about grabbing a couple.

But how on earth do they actually work?. ;)

Is it just footage of a bunch of cyclists from the back that you follow and thats it?.

Or are there some sort of "on screen" prompts that appear to guide you as to what sort of pace you should be cycling at?.

I realise the Flow isn't a VR trainer like the iMagic or Fortius etc, but I just wondered how these DVD's work.

I may upgrade at a later date to the additional VR add-on for the Flow that lets you use this sort of thing properly but for now I wondered if a couple of these DVD thingies would be worth getting.

It's either that or the satellite music channels......lol.

Top Bottom