Turbo trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JozeeB

JozeeB

Regular
Thanks for all the replies - it has been very helpful. I'm actually steering more towards thinking spin classes are going to be right for me, but will investigate both. I've just been looking at the local (council run) gym which is very close to my house and they seem to now have a spin studio (following a big refurb) and very frequent spin classes that would fit around work and family.
I take on board the points about maybe getting bored and wonder if a turbo would become an ornament (a bit like the wii fit has!!).
I think I may stay more motivated at a spin class and really my main purpose would be to just to keep up my fitness when the weather is poor , especially through the winter. Thanks again ^_^

Nosaj

I go to spin classes but I also have a turbo. Both are good but for different reasons

Spin classes are great because you are not on your own so motivation stays higher however you will follow the instructors lead and if you want to target something specific you won't be able to do so if you are following the instructor.

A lot of people at a spin class will not be cyclists so if you do want to train for something specific (for example you may want to do a one legged drill) then out of politeness have a quiet word with the instructor beforehand and maybe stay at the rear of the class so as not to put off the others .

The turbo is good for the reasons others have posted

Top Bottom