Turbo trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I used one in the winter recovering from a knee op and thought that it was great for what it was. Definitely boring and not as good as getting out on the road but better than nothing. If I was you I would maybe look for a lightly used well known brand like an Elite, Tacx or something. I would imagine that they are cheaper to buy now off ebay as there will be little demand for them. If you wait until the winter this will not be the case.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Remember - Continuous gut-wrenching effort is the arch-enemy of boredom! ;)

The efforts that I used to put in were so hard that I couldn't have done them safely on the road.

One winter, the turbo was in an unheated room at -5[sup]o[/sup] C. I started off wearing bib shorts, a long-sleeved base layer, a cycling jersey, a fleece jacket and a woolly hat. 30 minutes later. I was generating so much heat that I was by then wearing just the bibshorts rolled down to the waist and I had to have a large fan blowing directly at me to stop myself overheating. In an hour I drank 1 litre of water and finished the session 3 kgs down so I'd lost 4 litres in sweat!

I don't believe that anybody working that hard would have any energy left for boredom!

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
thanks guys, some good points made, my minds made up, ill be getting one, its sjust when, i keep buying stuff for my bike, so have to spread it out or the missus will not be too happy with me..

Top Bottom