Turbo trainers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Discusdude

I gave been given a spin physics turbo trainer but I can't get by mountain bike to to join to it. The trainer says it's for any bike but I can't get mine to fit - it's like my gears get in the way! Any ideas what i am doing wrong?

:welcome: to CC.

If it's like THIS one then it does indeed claim to fit 26' wheels.

It appears to be distributed by Riva Sport Industries in the UK, however THIS link is for retailers only but there is a link on there for joe public as well.

Might be worth dropping them an email to see if the can email you an instruction manual :thumbsup:

Or check out the list of RETAILERS to see if they can help. They may have one they can photocopy the manual from, you don't know if you don't ask :smile:

OP
OP
D

Discusdude

Thanks that's it, I do have the manual but it does not give me any instructions on how to get the gears out of the way!!!! I am not sure if my wheels are to small (I have tried to measure them and think they are 25") but I can't see how they can be to small as the bar that holds the wheel on the frame is far to high to the trainer. Think it's a trip to the bike shop tomorrow

G3CWI

Veteran
Any ideas what i am doing wrong?

Wild guess but are you putting the bike in the wrong way round? The turbo bit that rests against the wheel should be behind the rear wheel of your bike.

There will be lots of photos on the web of bikes in turbo trainers which may help.

Top Bottom