Turbo trainers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

gbb said:
I dont use the turbo for training specifically....just something to keep the legs going when the weathers too bad to go out in.
So, i just sit in front of the telly, chat to the missus, watch a little tv, and pedal away for maybe 1/2 to 1 hour. I dont really get too bored, but the time does go slowly.
Relax, take it steady, and its not too bad at all.

Does it disturb your concentration on what your watching? Sometimes I think I'd like the idea of a turbo, but certainly couldn't do it without being able to watch TV.

So then I think, maybe I could record my favorite programs for turbo time... but then I think it might lead to a lower quality of the viewing, hence my question.

Dave5N

Über Member
This might sound odd, but I count each pedal turn. 100=1 minute, near enough. 10 sets is 10 minutes. 4 groups of ten means it's time for 5 mins spin and a shower.

Keith Oates

Janner
Being on the move quite often I've used trainers in gyms and hotels etc. and although they are boring, if you get in the right mind set and make a target of time, watts etc. it can still be easy to do an hour+. One time it was set up to look out of the window so that seeing cars and peds going by helped to break up the boredom. However I agree that a turbo is the better of the two options!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
twentysix by twentyfive said:
Cathryn - does your signature reveal the reason for your poorly leg?

My lady ride partner did a nasty to her knee skiing - ligaments/cartilege.... She had an op and lots of rehab physio. She then had a bad back for a year till she eventually went to have that checked out. Seems the compensatory position (on and off the bike) she adopted to cope with her weak knee didn't do her back any good. Consequently she basically had nearly a year off the bike/getting back with the knee and another year of back troubles all from the skiing accident. She has had back treatment now and is much better but she still gets twinges in her back.....

Take care :biggrin:

Malheureusement...oui. Just an awkward fall, nothing dramatic, and a snapped tibia. Two weeks down though, so hopefully on the mend. Thanks for the sympathy though....:idea:

I hope I'll be back on the back soon. The physio doesn't think it should be an issue in theory. It's dead boring being on crutches though. Hard work on the hands, and pretty exhausting actually. However I did dance on them at a wedding this weekend, which I'm quite chuffed about.

Top Bottom