Turbo Training HRM & Cadence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ningishzidda

I don’t have any problem distinguishing between strength and power. ‘Strength’ can be substituted by ‘’Force", which is the ISO standard terminology.

If ‘Force’ is applied at a rate ( N/s ) at the crank length, I get Watts.

More force at the same rate with the same crank length equals greater Watts.

Simples.

Who has got the 'strongest' OR 'most forceful' argument?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
As you are such a wizard, you should realise that in endurance cycling the forces being applied are so sub maximal, high absolute strength is not a primary limiter to performance.

Also, your rudimentry physics lesson doesn't do anything for the credibility of the source you quoted. Unless of course you are the author of that website.

BTW, since we are playing high school physics teacher, in a physics sense "Strength" can not be substituted by ‘’Force", strength is the ability to exert force. Given than the absolute forces are not large, then this implies that absolute strength need not be large.

VamP

Banned
I can't believe that you're even entering into any kind of discussion with N. :rolleyes:

For the OP, weights are useless for cycling, the strength improvements are too specific and do not transfer to generation of power, even for short durations such as sprinting.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I can't believe that you're even entering into any kind of discussion with N. :rolleyes:

For the OP, weights are useless for cycling, the strength improvements are too specific and do not transfer to generation of power, even for short durations such as sprinting.

I'm a sucker, there I said it!

Ningishzidda

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Five star laugh.

OP. If you are going on the 'London 100' in August ( or any 100 sportive ), pack your armoury with every weapon you can.

VamP

Banned
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Five star laugh.

OP. If you are going on the 'London 100' in August ( or any 100 sportive ), pack your armoury with every weapon you can.

For sure. Take a Kalashnikov, a pair of nunchaks, and a katana sword while you're at it. And don't forget a T 62.

Zofo

Veteran
Get yourself Joe Friels " Cyling past 50"--ignore the title ,there's no age limit. There's whole sections devoted to training for Centuries/Sportives.
Good luck:bicycle:

Top Bottom