Turkey - bikes on coaches?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toontra

Veteran
Just wondering if anyone here has experience of trying to take bikes on the inter-city coaches in Turkey. We're trying to get from Antalya to Cappadocia and then on to Konya. Cheers.

I have not taken bikes but travelled in coach from Marmaris to Istanbul via Izmir. I have some friends who lives in Istanbul.
There is a very good coach service across the country, the most famous one is Pamukkale. I have seen people carrying big bags on the luggage compartment. I suggest that you correspond directly with the Pamukkale coach company.

OP
OP
toontra

toontra

Veteran
Thanks for that mlr. I've tried asking the coach company (Metro Turizm) but their online contact form doesn't accept any phone number I've tried and won't complete without one. A bit of a nuisance!

What I discovered from my friends and my time there is that English is not widely spoken. When I was travelling, the bus has to make some changes to the route and I was confused and not a single person in the Bus could speak English. Finally they had to find someone from outside the bus to help me. So telephoning may not be very helpful unless you speak Turkish.
If you have no luck, please pm me and I am happy to ask my Turkish friends to inquire on behalf of you. But they are away for couple of weeks.

OP
OP
toontra

toontra

Veteran
That's really kind of you! If I don't find anything out in the next couple of weeks I'll send you a PM. Cheers.

Top Bottom