Turkish Delight - slimming choc?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
Blonde said:
To the OP - Your office girl sounds like someone who really wants to believe it's OK to eat rubbish to me.

I'd avoid any sugary processed crap like the plague. It's all awful.

Blonde, I have to say that I strongly disagree with this aspect of your statement.

Without treats many people can't stick with a monk like discipline when it comes to either an exercise or dietry regimen.

Do you not accept that it is widely agreed that there is no such thing as 'bad' food, such as sugar, but rather that moderate use of all things is what is best.

I would suggest that advocating avoiding things "like the plague" is way OTT, although I acknowledge that you are entitled to your opinion.

MsMalfoy

I too think that treats are ok in a healthy eating program.

I personally don't use chocolate as a treat often as I do have problems just having one small bar but I do allow myself one day a week when I eat whatever I want for lunch and dinner (usually treats like goats cheese, taramasalata or mananated anchovies) I still stick to my no snacking rule though.
I find it helps me eat healthily during the week knowing I can have pretty much what I want on Friday.

Blonde

At the weekend I am going to make make a carrot and sweet potato cake. It won't have any sugar in it, except what is already in the carrots and sweet potatoes. If you can eat fruit (I am 'not allowed' at the mo and miss it dreadfully), then adding any kind of fruit, fresh or dried, to any dish adds a lot of sugar anyway. Making traditional nursary puddings such as tapioca, semolina, rice pudding or bread and butter pudding, is very easy to do, and adding some fruit, vanilla extract or cinamon (or a mixture of all three) will give them a sweeter taste than the milk alone. You could use unsweetened rice milk which has a sweeter taste than dairy milk (and is often ready-flavoured with vanilla extract) if you prefer it. You really, really don't need to add any refined sugar, syrup or honey to puddings or cakes though, honestly. Try it and see - you may be pleasantly surprised!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Not allowed fruit? Blimey. I want to be on that diet (unless it's a medical thing, in which case, apologies...)

I've worked out a way to count one pain au chocolate as three portions of veg:

Cocoa (a bean)
Flour (from a sort of grass)
Butter (from grass, via a cow)

Make it a chocolate eclair, and it's four - cream is also from grass...

You can probably guess my relationship with correct weight...

Blonde

Heh! You really don't! It's Ok and I am coping but i do miss fruit, and also dairy a bit - just 'cos we cant have mousakka or lasagne at the moment. 'Tis the anti Candida diet. It is working for me though, so I will carry on for the full 8 weeks at least. I may never eat bread or overtly sugary things again. I don't know. I don't miss refined sugar that's for sure. I lost my sweet tooth in two weeks. Even bananas smell sickly sweet to me now, though the blackberries did look nice on the market t'other day!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
Not allowed fruit? Blimey. I want to be on that diet (unless it's a medical thing, in which case, apologies...)

I've worked out a way to count one pain au chocolate as three portions of veg:

Cocoa (a bean)
Flour (from a sort of grass)
Butter (from grass, via a cow)

Make it a chocolate eclair, and it's four - cream is also from grass...

You can probably guess my relationship with correct weight...
well we'd probably enjoy the same sort of restaurants arch, if mrs alecetc and patrick didn't mind (which they would of course) :biggrin:

i can only do five a day if carrot cake counts, along with chips (potato IS a veg), beer (hops), wine (grapes) and pasta (seem to remember a panorama programme showing how it was grown) ;)

Top Bottom