Turn up the Heat !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
Finally some nice weather has rolled in and that makes for a happy Clydesdale. Started out at 30 Celsius and humid, and ended at 33.8, and temps are projected to continue to rise this week. Back when I raced (many moons ago) I always enjoyed racing when it was hot and humid. So when the temps go up I tend to do longer and harder rides, and today I made it a point to go out on an empty tank and have even more fun.
So what's your ideal temp to ride ? :bicycle:
I'm Coming Home ! - YouTube

LJR69

I suck royally in humidity. I love going out when it's between 10-20C. I mean I go out in all weather and temps, but that's my pref

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I like it sunny, but not too hot. 15-20C is comfortable, 20-25C is ok. 25-30C is getting a bit hot for me, but if there is a gentle breeze and humidity is low, I can tolerate it. Temperatures above 30C are too much - I have ridden in 30-35C but prefer not to. It is extremely rare for temperatures in the UK to exceed 35C. In fact, the highest recorded temperatures are... England: 38.7C, Scotland: 32.9C, Wales: 35.2C, and NI: 30.8C.

I find high temperatures WITH high humidity really horrible. A friend really enjoys gushing sweat after any kind of movement, but it isn't for me!

Even in England, hotter weather slows me down. At extreme levels I get heat-stroke quite easily (runs in the family) :-/ . But warm weather is a morale boost - it feels nice when you stop in the shade, and it takes away any worry about getting cold if you get wet and stop, especially at night, and/or if tired.

As long as I can get enough water, I can usually keep going happily, at a reduced pace if necessary.

Top Bottom