Turning right.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Had a similar thing a few weeks ago, but it was 2 cars that passed me and they had to overtake on the chevrons to do it.

Door_Knob_Pic_1.jpg

Tynan

Veteran
Wrong.

If you're in front this fails.

Of course if you are turning right you are going to make to make the person behind you brake(/slow).

It's the highway Code as I remember it so it's right, of course it's something to aspire to, but early road position and signal after checking that another road user isn't going to have to do something sudden as a result of moving in front of them is common sense you'd think

I was drawing attention, as BM did, that the look precedes the signal, a signal does not give someone immediate priority to do as they please, as much as many road users clearly seem to think

OP
OP
Riverman

Riverman

Guru
It's the highway Code as I remember it so it's right, of course it's something to aspire to, but early road position and signal after checking that another road user isn't going to have to do something sudden as a result of moving in front of them is common sense you'd think

I was drawing attention, as BM did, that the look precedes the signal, a signal does not give someone immediate priority to do as they please, as much as many road users clearly seem to think

One better way of looking at this is to consider how dangerous it would be for a car to over take a bus turning right. Few drivers would dare overtake a bus when they're performing the same manoeuvre.

Top Bottom