TV programs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
How do tv companies know how many viewers watched their programs? Are tv sets bugged with secret electronic spy device so they know what we are watching?

How do tv companies know how many viewers watched their programs? Are tv sets bugged with secret electronic spy device so they know what we are watching?
They run surveys of a small number of people (they give them boxes which monitors their viewing). Then they extrapolate.

At least that's what they used to do, don't know if it's different now.

vickster

Legendary Member
Isn't there an unwritten rule which holds that "all question threads with a proper real answer should run to at least 2 pages of absurdity before someone points the OP in the direction of the answer easily available on t'interwebs" ? :okay::smile:
I could have gone with JFGI I guess :smile:

Didn't you know? Walls have ears (and eyes).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSU25QTyjT4MIqMsN4P7_dQkGD_N-m42xvxgy-hl6fWANXjdhp.jpg

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Specially trained badgers are hidden in the walls of participating homes, from which they communicate a (mostly accurate) account of the day's viewing via shortwave radio.

The badgers work continental shift patterns, which is a cause of some friction between them and management.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Specially trained badgers are hidden in the walls of participating homes, from which they communicate a (mostly accurate) account of the day's viewing via shortwave radio.

The badgers work continental shift patterns, which is a cause of some friction between them and management.
I shot my badger along with the telly the latter gave me more pleasure.

Top Bottom