TV with Netflix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Thanks for that but it's not just the remote. We have to use the tv remote to select source, HDM1=Freesat & HDMI2=Firestick.
With Freesat, invariably the Manhattan isn't switched on so we have to wait for that to boot up, (grrrr!) then we use it's dedicated remote to control the tv. Likewise with Firestick.
The remote does all that - it is fully programable. You can literally click one button have it turn on all the devices, switch to the correct input and even set the volume to whatever level you like. One remote replaces all the others.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
If you have not already bought, may I suggest you check out Richer Sounds?

I have no connection to them, except as a customer, but, I have found their service excellent (including online/delivery) and their prices very competitive.

A couple of points to mention, reference TV,

if you want record/playback facility, you may still end up needing an additional (Humax type) box.

LG have at least one reasonably priced (ie around £300), smart TV, which includes built in Freesat and Freeview (all TVs now include FreeView). I recently purchased one, on behalf of my technophobe brother-in-law, and, he is very happy with it, I have even introduced him to the delights of Netflix and YouTube ;)

D

Deleted member 26715

Another vote for Richer Sounds, bought our last few TV's from them, as to built in Netflix, Prime etc. my current thinking is it's cheaper to replace a £40 Firestick if it gets outdated compared to a £400-4000 TV if it gets outdated.

stephec

Legendary Member
I don't know if you're already aware of this but, searching Prime or Netflix by using the remote to type on an onscreen keyboard can be a very slow process, and can induce some naughty words, I wish I'd bought the LG compatible Bluetooth keyboard with ours.

Top Bottom