TVT HM...concerto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Ok so l know l already have a TvT bike but this is an HM frame and very desirable , or is it ?
What l like about it is (a) the glorious colour, (b) the size is about right (maybe a tad small) for me)
What l dont like much is (a) the asking price and (b) the name concerto because l cant find anything much about the model/name.
Does anyone have any info. and or opinions re. said bike ?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TVT-Carbon...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Just fell off my chair and spat out my beer when I saw the price!!
Looks nice if you have deep pockets.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Love the colour, but that aside it's a bit, well, plain. The lugs aren't very interesting and I'd want something like that to really stand out.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
You're really getting into this composite thing aren't you?
I have to confess that l am a bit like a kid with a new toy. Its just that having ridden the TvT a few times now, it is such a different experience from even the " lightest and tightest " steel bike l have which is the F Moser and its not a weight issue because surprisingly ( to me anyway) they are similar in weight. Even so l have to "get real" as they say because the prices being asked for composites are crazy and l am lucky to have got mine for a decent price. It is strange though because even the pro.repair shop l use, run by a lovely bloke called Thierie tran-duc, gets a bit excited when l take the bike in for him to check over.

I have to confess that l am a bit like a kid with a new toy. Its just that having ridden the TvT a few times now, it is such a different experience from even the " lightest and tightest " steel bike l have which is the F Moser and its not a weight issue because surprisingly ( to me anyway) they are similar in weight. Even so l have to "get real" as they say because the prices being asked for composites are crazy and l am lucky to have got mine for a decent price. It is strange though because even the pro.repair shop l use, run by a lovely bloke called Thierie tran-duc, gets a bit excited when l take the bike in for him to check over.

I can relate to to this, I have a couple of TVTs on a local site which I am keeping an eye in. It was only the TSX appeared out of nowhere that stopped one particular purchase. Prices on eBay are often totaly crazy, but less so on local sites, although still high .

This one near me has been relisted for months

https://www.2ememain.be/vélos/vélos/vélos-de-course/retro-racefiets-concorde-tvt-92-421756024.html

I think he wants about 70 too much and is not prepared to post. So @woodbutcher you are safe from temptation!

You are not so far from Spain: any KAS livery carbon tubed Vitus on the horizon;)

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I can relate to to this, I have a couple of TVTs on a local site which I am keeping an eye in. It was only the TSX appeared out of nowhere that stopped one particular purchase. Prices on eBay are often totaly crazy, but less so on local sites, although still high .

This one near me has been relisted for months

https://www.2ememain.be/vélos/vélos/vélos-de-course/retro-racefiets-concorde-tvt-92-421756024.html

I think he wants about 70 too much and is not prepared to post. So @woodbutcher you are safe from temptation!

You are not so far from Spain: any KAS livery carbon tubed Vitus on the horizon;)
Phew ! thats a relief nice bike though a shade big for me (l like to think) and as you say just a bit too much money , l paid 280 euros for mine and l am happy at that sort of money :smile: Will check out Spain KAS livery carbon !!

Top Bottom