Tweeks cycles.com

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I ordered a helmet and bar tape 2 months ago. They kept saying items out of stock but will be in such and such a date. They never came in stock & said the tape was discontinued. I said I’d wait a bit longer and chose different bar tape. As time went on I decided to ask for a full refund & Probike kit supplied me with what I wanted in less than 24 hours.
After ignoring my refund requests I’ve had to report the matter to PayPal.
They are the most shambolic unprofessional cycling retailer I’ve ever come across. In future I’ll stick with Wiggle, Merlin, Probike kit, Sigma etc.
So just a warning about Tweeks cycles.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've not heard of them but they have mainly good reviews on Trustpilot.
Not good when things go wrong, though, is it!

Last edited:
Tweeks Cycles are the cycling offshoot of Demon Tweeks who have been major suppliers to the motorsport industry for well over 50 years. They have a superb reputation among the petrol heads, and well deserved.
I have used DT and Tweeks Cycles on many occasions and have never had less then excellent service from them. They always seem to work on the under promise, over deliver principle.
No idea what went wrong with OP but it is very unusual. I wonder if there is more to the story than we have been told?

Mike_P

Guru
Best simply not to order out of stock items, even the best suppliers in my experience can make mistakes but something not right here.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Tweeks Cycles are the cycling offshoot of Demon Tweeks who have been major suppliers to the motorsport industry for well over 50 years. They have a superb reputation among the petrol heads, and well deserved.
I have used DT and Tweeks Cycles on many occasions and have never had less then excellent service from them. They always seem to work on the under promise, over deliver principle.
No idea what went wrong with OP but it is very unusual. I wonder if there is more to the story than we have been told?
The story is they can’t deliver on their lead times.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I ordered a helmet and bar tape 2 months ago. They kept saying items out of stock but will be in such and such a date. They never came in stock & said the tape was discontinued. I said I’d wait a bit longer and chose different bar tape. As time went on I decided to ask for a full refund & Probike kit supplied me with what I wanted in less than 24 hours.
After ignoring my refund requests I’ve had to report the matter to PayPal.
They are the most shambolic unprofessional cycling retailer I’ve ever come across. In future I’ll stick with Wiggle, Merlin, Probike kit, Sigma etc.
So just a warning about Tweeks cycles.

I had similar with another retailer recently. I didn’t wait 2 months, just 3 weeks. Mind, mine hadn’t claimed it was out of stock, and had claimed order processed. I raised a dispute on PayPal. Paypal ruled in my favour within a week of raising claim. I’d given the retailer ample opportunity to supply goods or refund me. Good luck.

This is not a supply issue which is common due to Covid. This is refusing to do a requested refund when supply cannot be assured. It is not allowed by Visa/MC/ Amex but very slack on other payment system. What happens to those who don't have surplus funds to place another order with another vendor. Poor business ethics.

Thanks @Milzy fir sharing.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
The websites usually show them as in stock when orders placed. It’s not till they have your money that the item is suddenly out of stock. Other retailers are guilty of this as well.
Correct or they say stock due in on date X and it never arrives. Usually the out of stock items are at a lower price then the places who have stock which makes you want to wait it out to save money but after 2 months it’s beyond the joke. I’m guessing they’ll not refund me until PayPal makes them so they can hold onto my money for as long as possible out of pure spite.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Correct or they say stock due in on date X and it never arrives. Usually the out of stock items are at a lower price then the places who have stock which makes you want to wait it out to save money but after 2 months it’s beyond the joke. I’m guessing they’ll not refund me until PayPal makes them so they can hold onto my money for as long as possible out of pure spite.

It’s bad business for them though, as you don’t go back for future orders, and you don’t recommend them.

Cerdic

As Darius has already said, Demon Tweeks have been going for donkey's years and are a top name in the motorsport, modified car, and classic car worlds. I've never heard anyone say a bad word about them.

Tweeks cycles are a cycling subsidiary. This is not the first time I've seen complaints about Tweeks Cycles, which, knowing the reputation of Demon Tweeks, seems strange. One has to wonder about the management team at Cycles, and if they are allowed too much freedom by the 'Demon' guys?

Top Bottom