Two custom Pearson steel framed bikes stolen overnight/today South London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pearson631

Two beloved Pearsons that have been owned by us for the past 8 years. Both very recently rebuilt/resparyed. Stolen from a secure back yard. Bikes locked together so must have been carried out or over rear 10ft wall and loaded into a van. Both have Camag shifters and running gear. One is pea green with matching mudguards. The other is metallic tobacco brown with gold Pearson logo's. Pictures of both are below. Any info on these would be very much welcomed.
green2_zps7oicuotv.jpg

Brown2_zpsy0ngywjn.jpg

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Two beloved Pearsons that have been owned by us for the past 8 years. Both very recently rebuilt/resparyed. Stolen from a secure back yard. Bikes locked together so must have been carried out or over rear 10ft wall and loaded into a van. Both have Camag shifters and running gear. One is pea green with matching mudguards. The other is metallic tobacco brown with gold Pearson logo's. Pictures of both are below. Any info on these would be very much welcomed.

I feel your pain, they really are two beautiful bikes !

IMO, it'll be hard to 'pass on' two such distinctive bikes . . . . . . . . these are quite unlike the carbon fibre or aluminium 'lookalikes', that are sold in bike shops and on Gumtree, Preloved and Ebay. Keep an eye also, on Cash Converters and Cex Shops.

You haven't mentioned the frame material, but they both look to be 853 (?).

I can't help but wonder, if the scumbags realised just what they have taken ? (I don't think that they will have done)

Best of luck !

OP
OP
P

Pearson631

Thanks pubrunner and RedRider. They are both Reynolds 631 steel frames as well as Campag Record Triple cranks that are unusual these days. The brown one has a Thompson stem and Chris King headset, Velo Orage Grand Cru brakes as well as SE11 5EW stamped into the underside of the bottom bracket shell. The Pea green one's mudguards are also Velo Orange and sprayed up the same colour as the frame. Please pass the word around. I can only think that they'll eventually be transported to another part of the country and sold on when they are not so hot in several months time. Scumbags.

OP
OP
P

Pearson631

Me too! It was either by luck they were checking back yards for stuff they could carry to resell, or we were targeted! Fingers crossed we get them back one day!

dim

strava? .... I've read a few reports where people with expensive bikes are being targeted by thieves who monitor Strava

I've set mine so that it does not show where I live

A friend of mine had his Cube cycle stolen from his locked garage a couple of years ago. It makes you wonder if these opportunist thieves are just lucky in seeing a cycle worth stealing just by chance and following it home, or do they have some sort of inside information.

Top Bottom