Two dilemmas in one day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I hope she gets more than a 12+ month out of date chocolate orange for her efforts.

she generally does it for nowt

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
ha....fat firgers and small keyboard are not a good match ... I meant rubbing

You are not rubbing your fat fingers down my zip or anywhere else for that matter.

Do they need a new zip fitting? They dry out over time, often making it hard to move.

Well they are quite a few years old and have gone almost see through in places , I don't think it's worth it

You could check to see if your local dry cleaner does small repairs if the zip needs replacing. Some do things of that ilk.

The chocolate will be fine (says the inveterate yellow sticker-er). I have almost finished polishing off the YS choccies I bought previous Easter. Praline-filled eggs, bought a job lot. Very good they were too. :hungry: Am about to start on the case of Lindor I picked up this xmas just gone. :blush:

Buck

Guru
No it's not. Shops not allowed to sell after this date if displayed but usually quite safe to eat several days after

Err no. I think you're mixing up Best Before which can be sold past this date but Use By dates are rigid due to the risk of food poisoning etc. and it is illegal to sell an item beyond this date.

https://www.food.gov.uk/science/microbiology/use-by-and-best-before-dates

From what I've learnt from the supermarket staff who do the yellow sticker markdowns, neither type (BBE & Use By) can be sold after the dates on the packaging have expired, but certainly with BBE stuff, if it's just a month and year rather than a specific date, then you always take the end of the month rather than the beginning.

Most BBE stuff is fine well beyond the specified date as long as the packaging isn't compromised. The Use By type stuff just needs common sense applied. If it looks ok, smells ok and tastes ok, it probably is ok. Having said that, things like fruit and cheese are sold woefully underripe...

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
The chocolate orange seems to have superficial damage to the packaging, I'd probably give it to someone as a gift. Perhaps there are some local service industry workers, or even some colleagues whom you're mildly fond of?

classic33

Leg End Member
The chocolate orange seems to have superficial damage to the packaging, I'd probably give it to someone as a gift. Perhaps there are some local service industry workers, or even some colleagues whom you're mildly fond of?
Empty packaging. He'd eaten it, then decided to ask.

That or he's been "tapping it" a bit before deciding.

Top Bottom