two farmers free two entangled bucks/stags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Very brave :okay:

Nibor

Bewildered
another similar situation where a brave person risks injury to free an animal

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgtF81FHycI

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
Happened to me once, found a deer caught in wire fence, took ages to free him, espec when his antler got caught in my dogs collar trying to free him and dog was awful, my hands were red and sore but I did it ! Then sodding dog still chased him (husky)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was on a mountain bike ride once and spotted a ewe freaking out in a field. It turned out that one of her lambs was trapped behind a fence next to a crumbling dry stone wall. I got off and was trying to extricate the lamb when the damn sheep headbutted me! After that, I decided to do it from behind the wall rather than from in the field itself. :laugh:

Another time I was cycling with a friend on a country road above Oban when we found a sheep struggling in thick mud beside a stream (burn?). I got hold of it by the horns and after about 10 minutes of exhausting work I finally managed to drag it out onto dry land.

gbb

Legendary Member
Very brave indeed. I know of the story but havnt seen any video. What I have seen was a sheep caught in a fence in rural Greece years ago. It bellowed, screamed and bucked like it was possessed...no way in the world would I have risked serious injury trying to help it. Doesn't say much about me other than I like my health.

D

Deleted member 26715

I always find with these somebody thinks it's more important to film than help

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I rescued a sheep which had fallen down a sink hole. she had been there some while as was half starved, but was nonetheless lucky as the rest of her flock had presumably been shipped off some time previously. any how, dropped down into the the 8’ diameter hole and the sheep did a manic walk-of-death round the walls till I managed to trap her and get a rope round her so we could pull her up. once freed she just started to munch grass

Top Bottom