two in a week?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jacklad

i'm doing the dragon this sunday followed by the merlin one week later.

now i can cope with 80mile rides quite easily as i did 88 hilly miles in builth wells two weeks ago. but am i being over ambitious to attemp two 117 mile rides in a week:wacko:. any thoughts please.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
jacklad said:
i'm doing the dragon this sunday followed by the merlin one week later.

now i can cope with 80mile rides quite easily as i did 88 hilly miles in builth wells two weeks ago. but am i being over ambitious to attemp two 117 mile rides in a week:wacko:. any thoughts please.

Not at all if you're moderately fit.
Pay good attention to hydration and fuelling before, during and in particular after the ride. Stretch. Get plenty of sleep. Simples.

From what you've posted jack your doing the Dragon ride on Sunday and then a week later you're doing the Merlin that's plenty of time to recover, go for it, good luck. From the title I thought you were maybe doing one on Sunday and another one on Wednesday.

lukesdad

Think youve got your wires crossed Jacklad the Merlin isnt a week after the Dragon its not until July

ASC1951

Guru
I did three back to back 100s in Portugal a couple of years ago and I'm old, fat and slow. It's in the head more than the legs.

T-D

its all in the head !

and if your careful about what you do during the week then you`ll be fine

my missus is a pain - she wont let her body recover and wonders why shes still gubbed the week after !

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Dragon is Jne 6th Merlin is July 4th.Both are quite arduous rides
plenty of climbing.I have ridden the whole of the Merlin Route and part of the dragon.

Personally I wouldnt want to do two in 7 days but only you know how fit you are and how qickly you recover.

OP
OP
jacklad

jacklad

lukesdad said:
Think youve got your wires crossed Jacklad the Merlin isnt a week after the Dragon its not until July
of course, tour of pembrokshire i meant. thanks.

Top Bottom