Two man tent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris-s

I bought a Vango Helium 200 for my cycle tour to Paris, they call it '2-man', but I would call it '1-man + 1-boy'. On your own there is plenty of space inside for luggage and it weighs just over a kilo so easily bikeable/hikeable and didn't leak in any of the torrential downpours I experienced. Highly recommended but it does cost around £150 or so.

For a 'footprint', I bought some secondary glazing film from Wickes, less than a tenner, light as a feather and perfect for the job. I forget what it is made from but it is VERY puncture proof.

Chris

A torch! Nothing worse than getting up in the middle of the night in the pitch black only to fall over another/your own tents guy rope because you didn't see it. Wind up ones are OK.

Also, whenever I get a tent I instantly bin the tin foil pegs that usually come with it and replace with something a lttle more substantial. If you do that get yourself a peg puller too.

calibanzwei

A wind up torch? Please no... I watched one mate spend more time winding than putting up the tent
biggrin.gif

Make it a head torch - leaves the hands free.

chris-s

What is this secondary glazing film like? Foldable? noisy? SOunds like it could be great

Bit like heavy-duty clingfilm, not as heavy-duty as thick polythene and really strong. I cut mine to shape and stuck it to the bottom using some bits of double-sided tape. still folds fine, no crinkle-crinkle noises and keeps the bottom of your tent nice and clean too.

Chris

Top Bottom