Two new annoyances

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carwash

Señor Member
515mm said:
"Mr Boombastic" by Shaggy on the start of this morning's ride - I was feeling very pleased with myself - I've put a new chain on (the bike before you ask) and it feels sooooooo dreamy smooth.......

...jus' like silk? Soft and cuddly, wrap you up like a quilt? :blush:

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Well it does feel nice when you get a new chain.

Back to the original annoyance: I bet some of then just buy the hat and leave it on the parcel shelf too. They probably don't even have any kids.

The commute this morning was quiet, no problems with earworms.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
palinurus said:
Well it does feel nice when you get a new chain.

Back to the original annoyance: I bet some of then just buy the hat and leave it on the parcel shelf too. They probably don't even have any kids.

If they didn't have kids, they wouldn't need to screech to a halt in the cycle lane 10ft ahead of me and then open all their doors to eject the nippers into the local school...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Carwash said:
...jus' like silk? Soft and cuddly, wrap you up like a quilt? :ohmy:

Carwash! This is a lyrical side of you I haven't seen before!:smile:

I know I have annoying tunes, but just now I can't remember what they are... Just wait 'til I'm on the bike again...

skwerl

palinurus said:
Annoyance #1

Leaving straw hats on parcel shelves: Increasing numbers of drivers are doing this, presumably to let following drivers/ their neighbours etc. know that their daughter goes to an expensive school.

tell me a better place in a car to place a straw hat, to keep it from getting getting knackered, than the rear parcel shelf

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
I do sing on the bike - generally when people come too near to me I sing (in my head) don't stand so close to me - but also the line "move a little bit closer" comes into my head too - don't even know what flippling song it is ?!!

Mostly though, whilst pedalling along I replay arguments I have had but in the new improved replay in my head I always win!

(Please tell me I am not the only one!)

pw2389

the reluctant cyclist said:
Mostly though, whilst pedalling along I replay arguments I have had but in the new improved replay in my head I always win!

(Please tell me I am not the only one!)

I sort of do this. Not so much win the argument, as merely continue it and generally get more hacked off about having had the argument. :smile::ohmy:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Carwash said:
I'm a lyrical lover, no take me for no filth,
With my sexual physique Jah know me well built.

Nooooo! Sorry, but I've known you too long, as too good a friend, to be able to think of you in that kind of language!:smile:

Anyway, filth and built don't rhyme...

Top Bottom