Two quick questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vincealot

This has probably been asked before but I'm busy at work and dont have 5 mins to filter through threads.

Question 1.

Can you recommend a good commuting tyre for my road bike. 700c x 23 (with a white trim if possible)?

Question 2.

Can you recommend a good inner tube to use?

My current tyres ar Schwalbe Stelvio's with a white trim and are starting to look a bit tattered. I've started to get punctures on a regular basis and theres quite a few slits in my tyres which prolly dont help.

Thank you :sad:

23mm is a racing size. If you want a commuting tyre, you'll have to go wider.

martint235

Dog on a bike
If you really want a 23mm tyre, I'd look at the Rubino Pro or some of the Vittoria ones have coloured trims. I've been using the Rubinos for a few years. It is definitely a racing tyre though!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Twenty Inch said:
23mm is a racing size. If you want a commuting tyre, you'll have to go wider.

No it's not. :sad:

23mm Continental Grand Prix 4 Seasons here for commuting - Light and tough. Bit expensive at £30-£35 each, but they are an all weather tyre, exceptional in all conditions.

Tubes - Continental or Vittoria.

A key issue for a commuting tyre is reliability. For 23s, I would strongly recommend Panaracer Pasela TGs. Light & easy rolling, but with pretty good puncture protection. Not as good as a M+, but that's not what you're after anyway.

potsy

Rambler
I've just switched to the Schwalbe Durano+ a racing version of the M+ and have been impressed so far,might be another option for you.
Again not cheap at about £30 each.

I've never used them but the conti Ultra gators are supposed to be good for commuting but on the whole I conti but I don't know if you can get them in white.

Innertubes are a much of a muchness but of the one I've used. I like Mitchelin and Schwalbe and would avoid spesh (their valve to tube connection is poor and has failed on me)

For innertubes, there's not much difference. My preference used to be for latex, but they're pretty much gone now. Specialized had some terrible valve problems a few years back (connection to tube, as HLaB said, and valve stem breakages), but they're OK now, in my experience.

If I had to make a preference, it's be Schwalbe or Continental, but there's really not much in it.

OP
OP
Vincealot

Vincealot

Thanks for all the advice peeps. I was unaware that 23's prefrence is for racing. They came with the bike. I best get some prices from ebay and CRC and my LBS then :blush:

Top Bottom