Two signs...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

One requests that I don't ride my bike in through the entrance of one of the two udnerground cycle parks in Cambridge ('pleased dismount before entering'), right next to another saying no exit for pedestrians. I wonder... Should I be investing in a pogo stick?

JiMBR

if you dismount before entering, the remount after entering you are surely safe. :laugh:

PBancroft

At our work they put up a sign saying "No Pedestrians on Ramp" over the entrance to our underground car park.

And then stationed a security guard in the middle of the ramp to ensure it was obeyed...

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Keith Oates said:
If it's no exit for pedestrians the riding the bike through is OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'd have thought. But the cyclists pleased dismount sign next to it suggests otherwise...

weevil

Cab said:
One requests that I don't ride my bike in through the entrance of one of the two udnerground cycle parks in Cambridge ('pleased dismount before entering'), right next to another saying no exit for pedestrians. I wonder... Should I be investing in a pogo stick?

Logically, I'd say walk in and ride out.

Brains

Legendary Member
At the start of NCN1 in Island Gardens.'Cyclists please dismount' - No obvious reason why, just a jobsworth somewhere

Brains

Legendary Member
Another one, right outside my front door

"NO STOPPING ON LINES MONDAY-FRIDAY 8AM-5PM"
and underneath in smaller letters
"No Parking Mon-Sat 8am-6.30pm"

So where does that leave people after 5 during the week and on Saturdays ?.
I assume it's just a cunning ploy by Greenwich Council to make money on fines

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Brains said:
Another one, right outside my front door

"NO STOPPING ON LINES MONDAY-FRIDAY 8AM-5PM"
and underneath in smaller letters
"No Parking Mon-Sat 8am-6.30pm"

So where does that leave people after 5 during the week and on Saturdays ?.
I assume it's just a cunning ploy by Greenwich Council to make money on fines

From 5 - 6:30 on week days you are allowed to stop (e.g. for collections, deliveries), but not allowed to park (>10 minutes is the definition, IIRC). Same on Saturday between 8am and 6:30 pm. Outside these hours you are allowed to park.

Top Bottom