Two things bothering me about Le Tour coverage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
The fella on the watchfinder advert has his bike upside down on the roadside

Its the best way to change a wheel or carry out roadside repairs, whats wrong with it ?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I found a watch without them. It was 99p in B&M. It's been fine for 2 years and still going strong.

You can hire posh watches for occasions!
I friend of mine looked into starting a watch hire company, apparently there are idiots out there who will pay £300 to hire a Rolex for their wedding day! But the admin and insurance issues were too risky.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
You should see what the guys on a watch forum say - something along the lines of - 'have you seen the price of bicycles? You can buy a decent watch for the price of a majority of bikes'.
My best watch is more expensive than my best bike, but i wear my watch everyday, and i have owned it for 20 years.
It is a classic design still in production, bikes are superseded after a few seasons.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
My best watch is more expensive than my best bike, but i wear my watch everyday, and i have owned it for 20 years.
It is a classic design still in production, bikes are superseded after a few seasons.

Mine too and I only wear it a few times a month. A bit silly really, but I don't think I could sell it.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Who wants cut-rate watches from Watchfinder? This is where I usually shop. For only $11 million you can get yourself a nice understated stainless steel wristwatch... Value!

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/18/luxury/patek-philippe-art-of-watches/index.html

I bought a nice Rolex from a mate who wheeled and dealed a bit. A thought a fiver was a pretty fair price.

Profpointy

Legendary Member

Yebbut your watch was superceded when quartz came in. And surely bikes have a 20+ year life. :-)

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Those huge Rolex (and others) timepieces that you see at major sporting events that measure about 6 feet in diameter, well they're worth nicking, 'cos you pay about 10 grand for something that's about an inch and a half across, so what are those big ones worth?

Top Bottom