Two visits.....

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by MisterStan, 30 Jul 2012.

1. MisterStan

MisterStan Label Required

.....from the p*ncture fairy today. Not a happy bunny. I apologise if I snapped at those who offered help this afternoon.

2. Berties

Berties Fast and careful!

Punctures I can deal with , Saturday bust a spoke after the puncture and the week before a tyre rupture and a snapped bolt on the front changer , and I am only breaking the bike in!

3. Pauluk

Pauluk Senior Member

Remind me not to lend you my bike ;)

Seriously, bad luck matey.

4. OP
    OP
    MisterStan

And another one today.

5. Pauluk

Pauluk Senior Member

Do you know what's causing them Stan?

6. OP
    OP
    MisterStan

Sharp things :smile: seriously I'm quite careful to check that there isn't anything left to damage the new tube, I make sure that I won't get a pinch puncture by checking the tube and tyre are seated properly..... I haven't had any for ages and then several at once, I guess its just my turn!

7. TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

Literally by the sound of it ;)

8. Leaway2

Leaway2 Guru

I got one on my commute yesterday. Luckily I was close to work. I keep a spare tube, tools at work but as I tried to inflate it, my Aldi cheapo track pump fell to bits :cursing: Buy cheap buy twice, I never learn. Went to the lbs during lunch. Closed :cursing: . Ended up buying a £2.50 pump from Wilcos which just got enough pressure in to get me home.

9. Had a similar run a few weeks ago, nothing for ages then 3 in a couple of weeks :angry:
    My flirtation with lightweight racing tyres is over for the time being, will be sticking with Marathon's and Durano+ now :thumbsup:

10. Miquel In De Rain

Miquel In De Rain No Longer Posting

Last two I had were last October during the Thailand Bike Tour 1,Long may it continue.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice