Typical..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
...I rode into work yesterday and started to feel a bit groggy. Thought it was either hayfever or I'd pushed it a bit hard (shaved 5 minutes off my 12 mile time to 50 minutes despite the ghost-shifting issue on the bike). By midday I was snot-central, mild headache and feeling weak.

I had intended to stop by the LBS and get the bike looked over, but when I got home I just decided to have a wash and lie on my bed. Woke up a few hours later feeling worse, and last night I was in and out of sleep with night sweats and aches.

But that isnt the problem..

Trouble is I phoned in sick this morning and the boss likes you to phone back in before 1pm the day before you return. Cant get through. I must have phoned about 20 times in the past hour, really makes me feel that my employers idea of staff levels is going to bite them in the a*** as staff cant even get the phone answered.;)

Add to that I have to monitor my blood pressure after visiting the doctor this week. Makes me wonder if this bug has contributed to my high blood pressure.. though I suspect its the fat fryed foods I eat twice a week at work that do it. Since a big multinational took over my workplace they have replaced all the clear oils we used to use with a white gloopy stuff (transfats?) Must start bringing my own food in

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
You obviously can't go back tomorrow then (assuming you are going to get sick pay of course)

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Globalti said:
Do you work in financial services?

Nope. Industrial catering, but with me specifically in the restaurant side. I'm the dude who washes the dishes. Its a grim job.

philipbh said:
You obviously can't go back tomorrow then (assuming you are going to get sick pay of course)

Looks like I'm off tomorrow now. I hope they pay me (thankfully I'm contracted for it but there have been a few "anomolies" if you get me)

Top Bottom