Tyre advice for a beginner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shadow master

Yeah sometimes the internet can be useful,however what magazines forums and manufactures claim don't actually work in the real world,a classic example is some one just recommended that some one fits a dynamo set of lights for commuting on here....lol

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yeah and then someone posted a load of outdated anti-dynamo prejudices. Would you believe it! :laugh:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive swapped the tyres out right away on all three of my new bikes so personally , given your use for the bike I would swap them right away for armadillos or marathon plus . I don't like punctures .
I would look online for the best price and either order those or ask Evans to price match it . However both the above tyres are a nightmare to fit so it may be worth your while just getting them fitted to start with .

shadow master

Yeah and then someone posted a load of outdated anti-dynamo prejudices. Would you believe it! :laugh:
When you can get a rechargeable 300 lumen front light and a rear that runs for months on a pair of pencil batteries for about £30...that can be fitted in 2 mins,the dynamo that has a capacitor build in or runs from the hub etc...becomes irrelevant, just look around how many do you see in the UK being used particularly in rural areas

OP
OP
R

radread

Ive swapped the tyres out right away on all three of my new bikes so personally , given your use for the bike I would swap them right away for armadillos or marathon plus . I don't like punctures .
I would look online for the best price and either order those or ask Evans to price match it . However both the above tyres are a nightmare to fit so it may be worth your while just getting them fitted to start with .

Oh no! There was me thinking there was a consensus that I was being ripped off. Now I'm actually going to have to consider both sides and make a decision for myself. Doh!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Oh no! There was me thinking there was a consensus that I was being ripped off. Now I'm actually going to have to consider both sides and make a decision for myself. Doh!
Its in the shops interest to sell you more stuff . That's why they are there . I think they have given you good advice on the tyres and pedals but probably going to charge you full RRP + fitting costs on them .
I sometimes pay that just to get the job done as its worth it for me . Other times I shop around and find the best deal .

Top Bottom