Tyre Advice Please

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by grumpyoldgit, 8 Aug 2012.

1. grumpyoldgit

grumpyoldgit Über Member

I have bought a used Sirrus Limited to try.Some of the tow paths I use are a bit bumpy,with plenty of sharp flints.The existing tyres are 700 28c.I am looking to get puncture proof with a little less road bias,any suggestions?

2. Schwalbe Marathon Plus are just about the most puncure resistant tyres you can get :thumbsup:

3. OP
    OP
    grumpyoldgit

grumpyoldgit Über Member

Should I change the size ,for the sake of a little less shaking about?

4. I ride on 23's, so 28's to me would already be like an armchair :tongue:

If you're finding them a bit harsh though maybe look at fitting slightly larger ones as long you have the clearance and your rims will take it :thumbsup:

5. OP
    OP
    grumpyoldgit

grumpyoldgit Über Member

I am a fat arsed old git,new to this lark,but enjoying it.There is a good half inch clearance all round,so 32 or 35?Thanks for your help,always good advice here.

6. defy-one

defy-one Guest

Marathon plus,but stay with 28c. That's more than enough cushioning for your lard arse ;)

7. Peteaud

Peteaud Veteran

ive just fitted a set of 700 x 32 Continentals touring plus on the commuter, ride ok although not tested to the full yet.

8. akb

akb Über Member

I have recently switched to Conti Travel Contacts; quite expensive (same sort of par as the M+) and they are proving very good tyres. I commute to work 4 days a week, 25 mile round trip and have not had any P* visits since they were fitted in March 2012.

9. OP
    OP
    grumpyoldgit

grumpyoldgit Über Member

Thanks all.Ordered Marathon plus 28c.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice