tyre blow out Schwalbe City Jet!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EazyDuz

So I was riding my mountain bike which has 26 inch rims size 2.25 I think. The innertubes are the same. The city jets are narrower road tyres.
Just riding a long and I feel the front wheel feels a bit odd. Get off the bike and the tyre has dislodged off the rim in one place. Seconds later the inner tube exploded. Walked home put a new inner tube in and that exploded as it was being pumped.checked the rim and tyre and saw nothing out of the ordinary. Any idea why this happened? It's never happened before and the terrain was smooth road so I'm not sure why it dislodged. The tyre slips on the rim very easily now too.
Thanks

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not fitted properly. Talc the tyre and tube and refit the tyre.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Could you have pinched the inner tube when refitting it. I've done that before now, so I half inflate then work around the rim checking I haven't trapped the inner tube!

OP
OP
E

EazyDuz

I did do that andit felt fine. But why did the tyre dislodge when riding when its been fine for months?
Do cheap inner tubes cause it?
The tyre feels stretched now it slips on and off the rim without much effort, why has that happened

doog

you could try double taping your rim tape, if that doesnt work get some different tyres, Schwalbe are all over the shop, if they fit on too easy you will need tighter fits, try Rubino or similar

sreten

Hi,

Look for the cause of the effect. I suspect wire bead separating problems
and a stiff e-mail to Schwalbe regarding the problem, which is not unknown.

rgds, sreten.

Top Bottom