Tyre blow out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My better half tried the Michelin Pro 3's a couple of years ago and not impressed, they cut up very easily. Very difficult to get refunds on tyres because of proof of usage but I would say they are not fit for purpose.

OP
OP
lozcs

lozcs

Guru
Had a reply from Michelin.

I'd sent a link to this thread. They told me that I hadn't fitted the tyre correctly in the first instance (how they know that??) and in the second was probably a stone cut. I agree with the second, not so sure about the first as I am VERY careful fitting tyres

They have suggested I try Endurance 4 tyres and as a gesture of goodwill they have offered to send me a free tyre if I send proof of purchase for another...

I've bought 1 from Chain reaction so will see....

Nebulous

Guru
I liked my pro 3s and they didn't puncture when new, but they didn't last log - about 1500 miles and when they wore they began to puncture. I've moved to the pro 4 service course as I thought they had improved reliability, but I'm about 1500 miles in again with some signs of wear and a worrying cut on the rear which I have superglued. Time to rethink my strategy I'd say! Let us know how the endurance ones do.

OP
OP
lozcs

lozcs

Guru
OK, after cleaning bike after muddy 100 miler I decided to stick the new tyres on and keep the old ones as spares.... looking nice!

top tip - ceramic hob cleaner works wonders in cleaning the rims

Not ridden yet.

wheels.jpg

Top Bottom