Tyre going flat but no hole in tube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu9

Goes down overnight, had the tube in water as you do and not one bloody bubble put it back in the wheel blew it up left it overnight and flat next morning wtf!!

What the hell's wrong...

Rowano

Are you inflating it with bubble-less air?

OP
OP
S

Stu9

I've no idea wtf you mean by bubble less air

All i know it's i put the tube and valve under water for a good 5 mins all round and no bubbles

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've no idea wtf you mean by bubble less air
That would be 'humorous air' a.k.a. 'joke air'! :okay:

All i know it's i put the tube and valve under water for a good 5 mins all round and no bubbles
I'm sure that I had that happen on at least one occasion. I'm trying to remember what the problem was - I'll search and see if I can find my post about it ...

Here you go:

If the hole in the tube is really tiny, it can take a certain minimum amount of pressure to get the air to leak out.

I had a tube with a slow puncture that only leaked down to about 40 PSI (confirmed by holding it under water) and then it stopped!

If you have the same problem, then perhaps putting a bit more air in the tube before dunking it might start the bubbles coming out?

sight-pin

Veteran
I use a wet sponge with a little washing up liquid to find leaks, squeeze the bubbles from the sponge all around the valve etc.

Slick

Guru
That would be 'humorous air' a.k.a. 'joke air'! :okay:

I'm sure that I had that happen on at least one occasion. I'm trying to remember what the problem was - I'll search and see if I can find my post about it ...

Here you go:

If you have the same problem, then perhaps putting a bit more air in the tube before dunking it might start the bubbles coming out?
I had that on a couple of occasions, once with Mrs Slick brand new bike.

Top Bottom